GARAGE SALE IN JANUARY?
It turned out to be held in someone's flower shoppe. The owner had called the employee and said, "We're bringing a bunch of stuff for you to sell." The store was very tiny, so they had stuff piled on a table that nearly took up the whole room. They even cleaned out the flower cooler to put items in there. Here is what I found...
- The framed bird image was only a quarter! Wait 'til you see how it adds charm to the vignette in the guest room!
- There's a small metal thermometer/oil change indicator from Warners' Super Service in Minneapolis. Metal ones like these were before my day...any one remember these?
- Then there is some kind of check/receipt thingy from the The McCaskey Register Co. out of Alliance, OH. Read the link for their history.
- The votives (47 of them total) were a nickel a piece. They were added to my stock of candles...can you ever have too many?
- Don't you love the tiara (for my princess of a niece!), the razor (for my err...too personal...never mind!), and the mistletoe (for my dear RJNJ! Pucker up, Butter Cup!)? All from the free box no less! Score!
OLD TOWN ANTIQUES & BOOKS
Seeing as there wasn't much junking action going on in town, I headed to old faithful...a local antique store. My fave vendor did not let me down! There they were in all there glory...two tole flower items. On the left is a candlestick. On the right is a simple centerpiece. I soooo love them!
They instantly found a home in the master bath! Don't they look lovely?
DEAR BLOGGERS & BLOG READERS...
If you happen to have any tole floral pieces like the ones above and you are willing to part with them, please let me know! Like the 2Chippy's and their butter pats, I could not possibly have too many of these! Or, dear friends, if you are out junking and see these at a reasonable price...put in a call, send an email, write it in the sky...somehow get word to me! All for the love of tole!