lease, I implore you, do NOT rate my space! We all know the magic that Angelo Surmelis performs on Rate My Space each week. Yeah, Angelo, if you're listening, my room needs help! Well, I'm sure Angelo is busy, so RJNJ and I are on a mission to fix up this bad boy of a room.
It all started when the shelving in my closet finally gave out for the last time. Do you see below where the previous owners had used plexi-glass to reinforce the wall? That's only the beginning! This photo doesn't show you how metal parts have simply crumpled and screws have been mercilessly pulled from the wall. (Does it sound dramatic enough?) It was the last straw!
We (okay...I) have been planning a makeover for this room since we moved in...three years ago. However, the kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway, guest room, office, and workout room all got overhauled first. Now we're on to the master bedroom...finally!
LEFT WALL...TALLEST CEILING...OPPOSITE WINDOWS...DOOR TO MASTER BATH
WALL OPPOSITE ENTRY...SLANTED ROOFLINE
RIGHT WALL...THE ONLY WINDOWS...LOWEST CEILING
ENTRY DOOR ON RIGHT...WALK-IN CLOSET ON LEFT...SLANTED ROOFLINE
- The size is good.
- The carpet is in great condition and very plush (it's value is negated in the next section)
- Ummmm....I can't think of any more.
- It has carpeting. It has forest green carpeting. Yeah, nice but not my thing. I've always dreamed of wood floors...in every room!!
- Oddly low windows. Makes furniture placement difficult.
- The walls. Have you seen the walls? Those strips are what the builder did in place of taping and mudding the joints. Our whole house was like that when we moved in.
- Strange roofline. Enough said.
- Not enough storage space. The closet is a walk-in, but yeah, um...there's only room for one person's clothing. Remember, we have winter and summer here...so we have lots of different clothing. Since, we don't have a basement or other adequate storage, it ALL stays in our bedroom year-round.
- The trim. Oh, the trim. Can you see it? Yeah. Feel my pain.
The good news is that work has started. Believe me! It's pure chaos! Everything that was in that room is now spread around every other room of the house. Our dining room has become our temporary closet, so the dining table has been moved into part of the living room. We are sleeping in the guest room and all the extra pillows and duvet are piled on top of my pretty blue chaise I recently showed you. The price we pay for beauty!
Any words of wisdom for the renovators? What would your vision be for the space? What do you think we could do with it?
P.S. Angelo...darling...we still have a master bathroom and an entry way to do. If you can't work us into your schedule, could you please send over Genevieve, Vern, David, or Candice? Or if you happen to know Sarah, she's one of my favorites! Thanks! You're a doll!