Holy buckets! Things at WWC are hoppin'! There is so much going on that I don't know what to post first! Though we had a fresh coat of snow on the ground when we awoke this morning, spring fever is in full force! We've got all kinds of projects in various stages...some completed, some in the works, and some in planning mode.
Today I'm sharing a quick little project inspired by Cheri's "Its a Tape Party." I've come up with a few project ideas and am starting by sharing this springy bird candle. It was very quick and easy to do!
I actually decided to style my own tape that I had on hand. I remember having to purchase this linen cloth tape for an art class I took back in my undergrad days...back in the early 90s. Wait...what? Am I doing my math correctly? Do I really have tape that is 20 years old? Seriously. Does that mean I am 20 years older, too? Eeesh!
As I am recovering from the realization that my tape is probably older than some of my readers, you can move on to the actual project. Here is what I did...
- Pillar candle
- Archival quality self adhesive linen cloth tape
- DecoArt Stencil Paint in Light Green
- Free hummingbird stencil that came with my previous Cutting Edge Stencils order
- 5/8" stencil brush from Cutting Edge Stencils
- Rockler foam brush
- Craft paper
- Gorilla Glue Super Glue
1. I started by measuring out how much tape I would need by simply wrapping the tape around the pillar candle. I used the scissors to cut off the right amount.
2. I tried the stencil in various positions on the tape until I liked the layout.
3. I used the stencil brush to pounce on the paint in two different locations.
4. I let it dry before moving on to the next step.
5. I cut a strip of craft paper a little bit larger than the tape.
6. I wrapped the strip of craft paper around the pillar candle and glued the two ends together using a dab of Gorilla Glue Super Glue.
7. I removed the adhesive and wrapped the tape around the pillar candle so that it was centered on the strip of craft paper.
8. Placed in a summery metal and glass lantern, it's ready to light.
Easy peasy, right? Be sure to stay tuned for the upcoming projects at WWC...
- more tape projects
- more chalkboard projects
- a sweet mirror makeover
- changes in the guest room
- super cool makeover in the home gym
- awesome antique store finds
- planning for patio projects
- planning for a master bath renovation
Any spring projects underway at your house?
P.S. You only have until March 21 to link up to the March DIY Club Project Party Monthly Contest. Get those spring projects linked up!