Here's the other side of the dining room.
Love that antique sand-painted railroad sign I found on one my junking adventures!
You know I love using vintage and antique signs all around the cottage!!
In the spot in which the beach cottage cabinet (above) used to be, is this antique medical/dental cabinet.
Curvaceous legs and all!
Another junking find...from the same vendor, too!
It is home to a set of china that I received from my grandmother.
DINING ROOM RECAP
In case you want to catch up on recent posts, here are a few in which you might be interested:
PLANS FOR THE DINING ROOM
I'm loving the direction in which the dining room is heading. There are a few things I'd like to do yet, such as:
- Paint the walls a fresh white.
- Maybe some architectural details on the walls...hmmm.
- Maybe paint the corner cabinets.
- Change out the drapery hardware.
- Considering new drapes but will wait until I see the room painted.
- Industrialize the chandelier or get a new one with an industrial feel to it.
- While I would love wood flooring, it is probably not an option with this house. Booo!
- Also considering building shelving and adding a library ladder to the wall opposite the windows.
I'm not sure which, if any, of these things will be done in any given order or in any certain timeframe. They are just ideas that are simmering and waiting until time, energy, and resources allow! :)